As it’s World Book Day I thought I’d put together a really quick post on a few books I’ve found really helpful. I know lots of people who haven’t read a book since school, but, they do say “leaders are readers” so it might be a good time to find your way back to books.
I can’t remember where I saw it but a quote along the lines of “Only two things in life change you, the books your read and the people you meet.” It’s something that I always remember and really believe is true. Although the biggest thing about reading is actually taking the time and effort to put into practise what you’ve read.
Anyway here are a few books (in no particular order) that are a good place to start for inspiration and guidance for leadership and productivity in your business:
- Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
- Leadership and The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard, Patricia Zigarmi and Drea Zigarmi
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Power of Focus by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Les Hewitt
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
- Supermotivation by Dean R Spitzer
- Elite! The secret to exceptional leadership and performance by Floyd Woodrow and Simon Acland
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- Become a Key Person of Influence by Daniel Priestley
There are loads more books I’ve loved and found useful in my journey through life as an employee and as an entrepreneur so I will make another list of influential books soon.
Which books have impacted you recently and how to you best put into practise what you’ve learnt from reading (or are you guilty of going straight into the next book)?